






Kelly, Zachary and I drove on Wednesday evening to Boise after Kelly was off of work. We drove into Nampa around 7:30p.m. We stayed with my sister Rosie and her family, who live in Nampa. It was fun to be with them and we were grateful for their generosity. Zach played with his cousin Emma (Rosie's baby) who is just 12 days older than him. Thanksgiving day we got up and started cooking. Rosie and I love to cook together. My dad asked me to make a sweet potato pie-my first try (turned out pretty good from what I heard). Yams and Jarom's famous mashed potatoes. Rosie picked up a couple of newspapers for the Black Friday ads which we went through more than once. After getting all the food in the car we headed over to my parent's house. The smells were awesome. My mom, Leslie, Melanie, my dad and Kym were all in the kitchen cooking up the feast. Yummo! My dad gave a special blessing over the food and family. Then we all filled our plates and our bellies. Kelly, Zach and I went to Karen's after to visit and have some pie. Marty expressed his gratitude for his family and for the the blessings they have been given. I felt the spirit that day and over the weekend. We were thankful to be able to spend time with family for Thanksgiving this year-it was a true blessing. Kelly got to watch the Neveda/Boise Bronco game while we were there visiting. It was a treat to see the game on cable T.V. since we don't have that at our house. His parents fed us for dinner that night-we had Lasagna, Kelly's favorite. Thanks mom and dad :). On Saturday Kelly and I got to go to the temple for an endowment session while my mom watched Zach-Thanks mom! We also got to have our pictures taken of our little family-Andrea did a beautiful job.We are back at home now and Zach has a little cold virus, so we are dealing with that. Love to all for now.
fun to have you!! Cute pics by the way. Hope zach gets feeling better!!
ReplyDelete