Saturday, September 12, 2009

ITS ROUND UP TIME



We got up this morning and met our neighbor friends the Jenning Family. We met them down by the old post office and watched the Pendleton Round Up parade. This was a HUGE parade and lasted 1hr 50mins. I don't think I've ever seen a parade that long. Holy cow mamma! We saw lots of the locals. You think with a town this small that they wouldn't fill the streets and be on the streets in the parade. But sure enough, everyone and their dogs were there-No kidding. We had a good time though. It was warm with a little breeze. Good thing we took sunscreen for Zach. The Jenning Family has 7 boys (I think all of them were there except for the oldest-18). They each ended up with their plastic grocery bag 1/2 full with candy. I bet if they all combined their candy, they could pass it out for halloween and have enough...ha ha. Oh and they had the biggest Hermiston Watermelon I've ever seen, check it out!


We had a lot of fun. I put Zach back in his stroller after a little while to shade him a bit. The sirens scared him a little, but I think he liked watching all the kids, horses, floats and flying candy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lolly! Looks like good times in the town of Pend, OR! :)

    I have tried to email you but have not heard back from you. Not sure if my emails are going to your spam folder or not. Got your card in the mail the other day - you guys are so sweet! I would love to catch up. EMAIL ME! :)

    Hugs!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly & Lolly
    We miss you guys !!! Call us so we know how to get in contact with you!!

    Love you
    George & Jill

    ReplyDelete